Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Year, new hope. got target means got hope!

The year just turn 2009. 2008 was a terrible year for me. Let hope that 2009 would be a good one... just like 2007. Anyway, i decided to make a list of things I want to do and things i want to own for 2009. this should serve as a guide and motivation for me for the year ahead.

Hope:
1) I hope to be selected for the TA job. I hope to be able to secure at least 10 hours of tutorial lessons for TA. This will cover about 400 dollars a week which will be able to keep me going during the term.

2) I hope to secure a good job come this may. There are many definition of good jobs as i come to know. I want a good boss, a position where i can put what i know to use and i can perform there. as for the pay, don't need to be high, but must be doable and not too bad. I need the pay not because i spend alot but rather for the pride sake. To me it is a measure of my career

3) I hope to finish my master in 1 piece without any problem and just grad and forget about it. Hope my selection of modules will fulfill all the requirement for the degree.

Want:
1) A Car; there is talk of getting a car in Aug. Likely to be a weekender which we will convert when we have a child. It may be a full car if my new job ask for it. we will see how it goes along. now the talk is on a weekender.
a) I would love a beetle, but she feel it is too small and impractical and exp
b) We can agree on a Jazz but looking at other models
c) I dun mind saving on some money by getting a picanto or a daihatsu
d) some other fringe models includes 107 and 207 and maybe the mazdas or the nissan

2) I need a new notebook. The old notebook is about 5 years liao. Time to change. I will get one which enable me to play winning eleven 2009!!!! and maybe host my server for J2EE development

3) I want to play Winning Eleven 2009. likely on a PC... so I need a new laptop.

4) if my laptop plans fails... i still want to play winning eleven 2009, then psp is the next option

5) I want a new phone. Looking at HTC 3G touch or even Iphone. I want to surf net on the go

6) I want a transition-lens glasses. my short stay with the consultant firms say spurs me tha need to look smart and look clever even when .. there is actually not much diff in the consultant... they are quite empty as well. All talk no action. Save the ties and the white shirts man.

Target:
1) I want to get my level 2 Sun cert. I am working on the SCBCD now. hope to get 2 level 2 before i start job.

2) I may want to run the standard chart 42km. Shihao say that can take up to 8 hours to run. I did a calucation. I can walk 8km per hour which make up 42km in 6 hours.

3) I want to learn Ajax, Spring before i start job. This is a tall order given I need to tackle the certifications.

Onwards thru the fog. Come 2009!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home