Monday, April 19, 2010

Greatest Satisfaction of My Job

I remember my interview with Linda Poh of Accenture 2 years ago. She asked me 1 question which still rings in my mind. What is your motivation and satisfaction in work? I didnt really answer that question very well, but she answered for her version of the answer. She said her satisfaction was that she build system that make a difference to many people .

Recently My wife and I went Immigration Authority to get the new passport. There was this queue system there and my wife was wowed by it and said that the system of getting the passport was impressive.

The reason I brought up these 2 incidents was that I went for an interview this morning with one of the top 4 consulting firm in the world... It was a position to do risk management for banks. Comparing to my current job in an EGovt firm, the position would generally pay more in the long run and maybe higher prospect if I can stay long enough. But then ... the is no little joy working for this banking giant who make millions of dollars per day... as compared to working for a system take may make a difference to the everyday people in the street..... i generally hate banks for their high handed way and the imbalance of paying 0.001 % interest for my deposit and charge me 5% per month for my loan.

I hope to make a diff to the very day people and one day my wife could use a system which I build and be impress by it. That will be the greatest satisfaction of my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home