The 4th White Envelope....
I have thrown a total of 3 white envelope so far in my short career of 4 years.... each of them was not easy to throw....for various reasons...
The 1st envelope was to Hari -
The reason why this envelope was difficult to hand to Hari is because he is more than a boss to me. He is after all a teacher then a boss to me. I was shaken. I was sad. Emotion overcome me when I handed over to him the letter.
The 2nd envelope was to QWS -
He was a kind boss, understanding and well-liked by everyone. I respected him alot. After 2 and half years in the firm, I finally decide that it is best for my learning purpose that I leave for another company or undertake that master program. The resignation process was will draining and tiring. 3 months of unofficial notice and 1 month of official notice. It was a difficult decision to make, since I got my promotion and I understand that he is short handed at that time. I still respect him from the heart that he is once my boss.
The 3rd envelope was to SC-
He is one boss which never go down well in my memory. Giving him the letter was easy and a no-brain task. But it was devastating to me as this is a firm which i wanted to join. This is a world class firm and this is a career opportunity.
The 4th envelope will be to CH-
I haven gave him the envelope yet during this time of writing and was wondering should I give in the first place. He is a good boss. Much like QWS. Understanding and kind. Good temper. Good Person. Giving him the letter will be difficult. As difficult as to give to QWS. Which is what is holding me back... I cant afforad a 5 month notice like the 2nd case. Neither can I bring myself to the cold and heartless tender of the letter without any consideration of the project and not render any help to a person who have shown me kindness and help.....
Conscience... a merit or a demerit in todays world....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home